The Viking Annotation System
|Viking Version Events
Updates are planned in the following priority order. Bug fixes are not included in this list.
- We are close to completing user identity and having the ability to secure volumes and annotations.
- Document the extension API
- Improve utilities module API to help third-parties utilize our code
- More annotation types than just circles.
- All incoming requests are authenticated and users are checked for authorization to perform the requested operation. User identity is correctly stored in the database.
- Server now records Username of all changes to database. If user is anonymous the IP is recorded. Until security is fully implemented all users are anonymous.
- Security is enabled. You must have an account with modify rights to make changes.
- Bookmarks can be exported as either an HTML file or an XML file.
- Added menu option to change the scale used in the measurement extension
- Added a local bookmarks plugin. These bookmarks are stored locally in an XML file. They are not robust enough for create thousands of annotations, but if you have a few things you want to highlight they should work well enough.
- Each extension module now has its own directory.
- Added measurement ability to the UI via an extension DLL. I plan to document how the extension DLL was made to make it easier for others to extend Viking.
- All traffic to middle-tier is encrypted with SSL
- Logon display now collects credentials at startup. Credentials are not used quite yet.
- Fixed crash when Viking could not delete file from the texture cache
- Fixed bug where top level StructureType could not be created
- Reverted to using 3D to render channels because 2D sprites were not adding colors properly
- Added version to assembly info
- Fixed crash when activation data not specified after web launch
- Can now click links on volumes page to directly launch application
- Fixed another incompatibility with some video cards
- Improved loading speed of tiles by turning off most texture mip maps
- Annotations are drawn with textures instead of geometry, which is faster and has the potential to be prettier
- Fixed incompatibility with some video cards
- Improved rendering speed of channels
- Fixed a bug where the selected channel was not always displayed when mixed with other channels.
- Added a color coded list of visible channels to the status bar.
- Fixed a null reference exception in tile cache.
- CMP overlay for RC1 volumes now displayed by default.
- Default channel setup is specified in VikingXML.
- Viking should display images automatically without requiring user to select transforms on startup.
- Fixed “Index out of range” exception in texture cache.
- Reworked the UI a bit and the guts of Viking a lot more. Removed “File” menu. Added “Volume” menu which seperates section->Volume and tile->Section transforms more clearly.
- Fixed a silly bug where annotations circles were clipped when they should not have been.
- Added support for displaying multiple channels of data in Viking. See new “Section->Setup Channels…” menu option to setup global channel preferences. Right-click section numbers and choose “properties->channels” to override global preferences for a specific section.
- Added support for each volume to have its own annotation database. Volume’s without a database will no longer show RC1 annotations.
- Allow extensions to examine VolumeXML to determine if they should load.
- Added Help menu item which loads the Viking Homepage
- Viking.XML files now record the server’s address as a path attribute on the volume tag.
- Viking can launch from .VikingXML files located on the local disk in addition to web hosted files. Images and transforms are still expected to be on an HTTP server.
- Viking launches the correct volume selected from the website’s volume list.
- Viking launches the website if no volume is specified at startup before launching RC1.
Version available at launch of website.